Saturday, December 31, 2016

Out with the old...in with the New!

Out with the Old…in with the New!  Isn’t that how we’re supposed to do it with New Year’s?

So…I’ve been thinking about what it is that I need to get rid of (“old”) and what I need to do differently (“new”) this upcoming year.  Sounds very much like I’m making some RESOLUTIONS.  Yikes!  Rather than do that, because RESOLUTIONS only seem to be things most people keep for just a few days (or weeks if you’re one of the strong ones!), I've decided to go a new route.

Instead of RESOLUTIONS, I am choosing to focus on one day at a time.  Hey – I may even need to take it one HOUR at a time some days!  And I’m ok with that…

Some of the “old” that needs to go…
          - Feelings of unworthiness
          - Frustration
          - Impatience
          - Uncertainty

Some of the “new” that I need to add more of to my daily life…
          - Forgiveness
          - Compassion
          - Confidence
          - Love

I’m here to tell you that I’ll have the greatest of intentions with these attributes, both in ridding of the “old” and adding more of the “new.”  However, one thing that has become ever more clear this year is the fact that I have human limitations.  (*GASP!*)  Yes – human limitations.  Rest assured, that was even painful for me to type!  I have always been one to seek/find a solution to most any problem and face it head-on. 

But therein lies the problem.  I. Me. Self. 

I often find myself running ahead of God – with the purest of intentions – and then asking Him to bless my intentions.  Rather, I should be doing all that the other way around and seeking Him first.  Slowing down a bit and instead of having an instant answer, taking time to genuinely pray and reflect on situations.  The goal is to go from a steady stream of REACTING to living a life that is PRO-ACTIVE and a life that constantly points to my Guide.

Here’s to a clean slate!  Day by day…and maybe even hour by hour.

Scriptures to PonderMatthew 6:33, 1 John 4:19, 1 Thessalonians 5:11, James 2:24


No comments:

Post a Comment